Health, Security and Safety
As important as education is, nothing matters more so than the safety, security and health of our children. Rest assured that proper protection and preparedness are critical considerations in everything we do here at Peace of Mind Quality Day Care
• We only use NYS licensed and bonded motor coach transportation companies and drivers when traveling off site.
• All drivers undergo stringent testing and are trained in defensive driving skills
• When appropriate, we use infant and toddler seats that are safe and reliable.
• All playground equipment is safe, sturdy and maintained to assure they are secure and in good working order.
• We have safe zones with soft landing areas if your child takes a tumble.
• All playgrounds are contained within secure fencing and padlocked gates.
• All play is well supervised by attentive staff.
• We assess every child’s health by talking with parents and monitoring for symptoms during the course of each day.
• We notify parents when a child does not feel well to help prevent an illness.
• We clean our centers daily and as needed with safe, non-toxic cleaning products.
• Cleaning supplies are locked safely out of reach of children.
• We clean and sanitize toys throughout the day to help prevent the spread of germs.
• We encourage children to wash their hands throughout the day by singing songs and teaching lessons about health and hygiene.
• Diapering is conducted in an area separate from children’s play areas.
• We have strict policies for administering medication to your child to ensure they are protected.
• We require a doctor’s note for any medication, prescription or over- the-counter, given to a child under 2 years to ensure safety.
• Medications are stored securely out of the reach of children.
Security / Authorization
• Our center is secured so that only authorized staff and families may enter.
• Only pre-approved people with photo identification may pick-up your child.
• Safe, secure perimeters ensure that children can enjoy outdoor play safely.
• We use safety gates, window guards (except fire escapes) and cap electrical outlets.
• Our centers include smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and fire extinguishers.
• We have dedicated caregivers who are trained in child development, early-childhood education or a related field.
• We conduct criminal background checks prior to hiring to ensure our staff is trustworthy.
• Our staff and teachers are trained in first aid and CPR.
• We are serious about training for earthquakes, fires and lock-down situations.
• We have an emergency evacuation plan and regularly conduct drills.
• Just having a plan of action isn’t enough; we regularly test and train so our people are ready.
• All perishable food is refrigerated.
• Our menu is planned by a registered dietitian so your child eats nutritious foods.
• We welcome breastfeeding mothers, and we have careful policies for separating breast milk from formula.